Inmagic® DB/TextWorks® Version 11.00 README
Copyright © 1995-2008 Inmagic, Inc. All rights reserved.
New in this Version?
Documentation and Help Resources
DB/TextWorks is a content management system—a type of database software that
enables you to build networked and standalone textbases to manage text, numbers,
dates, and electronic images. DB/TextWorks combines traditional database power,
including the ability to manipulate data and perform arithmetic calculations,
with the ability to handle large amounts of text. When you want to publish your
textbase(s) over the Web, you need to use DB/Text WebPublisher PRO.
DB/TextWorks also provides you with access to Inmagic.net™, which gives you
the ability to connect to the Inmagic server from within a DB/TextWorks session
to accomplish various tasks related to cataloging, indexing, and disseminating
information throughout an organization.
This version of DB/TextWorks is compatible with:
- DB/Text WebPublisher PRO version 10.0 or 11.0
- DB/SearchWorks Run-time version 8.0
- DB/Text PowerPack version 8.0
- DB/Text ODBC Driver version 8.0
Each new and enhanced feature is discussed briefly here. For more information
on a feature, see the online help, unless otherwise noted. The applicable
Inmagic Software Feature Request number follows each item listed.
- Vista compatibility.  See the Inmagic
Knowledgebase for descriptions of issues specific to Vista.
- File Existence Checker. A new option on the Tools menu
permits you to check for the existence of local or network files specified in
a selected field, similar to the Dead URL Link Checker feature. 
- Dead URL Link Checker status option. It is now possible
to replace the information in the status field instead of adding to it. 
- Select Form for Edit Secondary Record Window. The
Select Form for this Window button is now available for the
Edit Secondary Record window. 
- Undo in designers. Undo/Redo is available for most
operations (for example, adding a box or applying box property changes) in the
Form Designer, Query Screen Designer, and Menu Screen Designer. Four levels of
Undo are supported by default; this can be changed using
- HTML Preview in designers. A new Display>HTML
Preview option permits you to display an HTML window showing an HTML
preview emulating the way the report, query screen, edit screen, or search
menu would look in WebPublisher PRO (but without navigation
- XHTML compliance. Screens and reports exported in HTML
format are now XHTML-compliant. 
The following issues are addressed by this version. The applicable
Inmagic Software Problem Report (SPR) number follows each item listed.
Below is a
list of the documentation and help resources for DB/TextWorks. When available,
you received electronic copies of the respective documentation set when you
installed the product. You will find them in the Documentation subfolder of the
main installation folder. In addition, you can access the documentation sets
through the Inmagic Customer Extranet at
- Editing Choices Browser for Link fields now only changes a leading "A
" to "A. " if the field strips leading articles. 
- Exporting a form now retains the "Separate items or entries with spaces"
setting even if "Make each item or entry a paragraph" is selected. 
- Edit Record - overriding a validation list will no longer truncate an
entry that exceeds 250 characters. 
- Printing a form definition no longer omits margin boxes. 
- Printing textbase information to a file while editing a secondary textbase
record no longer prints information from the primary textbase. 
- Previewing a form in the form designer no longer shows "ghost" margin
boxes under the record if the margin boxes are wider than the page boxes.
- Printing an image no longer scales the image down more than necessary to
accommodate the non-printing area on the page. 
- Using batch modify, selecting Substitute Text: Matching with the Find What
box empty now produces the correct error message. 
- The "current set" information on the status bar is now cleared after
editing a textbase structure. 
- System information now correctly reports the OS for Windows 2003. 
- Choices drop-down lists in query screens exported to HTML are now
compatible with Alternate Search Syntax. 
- Using Inmagic.NET to configure an RSS feed now accommodates spaces in the
name of an Automatic Number field. 
- Installation and Upgrade Notes. The document
DBTextWorksInstallAndUpgradeNotes.pdf explains how to install and upgrade the
product. An electronic version of this document is available on the
installation CD-ROM or when you download the product.
- Online Help.The help file, which covers DB/TextWorks and
WebPublisher PRO, contains the most up-to-date information. To open
the help file, start DB/TextWorks and press F1, or choose
Help>Help Topics from the DB/TextWorks menu bar.
- README for PowerPack Lite. PowerPack Lite is
bundled with DB/TextWorks, and you install PowerPack Lite using the
same method as you use to install DB/TextWorks (from an installation CD-ROM or
from a download). This README file was installed in the PowerPack
Lite installation folder.
- Knowledgebase. Use the Inmagic Technical Support knowledgebase on
the Web to search for solutions to common problems and explanations for error
messages. To access the knowledgebase, go to the Inmagic Customer Extranet.