Improvements to batch modify, search, reporting, and imaging
Compatibility with additional Microsoft operating systems
Inmagic's new release of DB/TextWorks, version 12, will improve database maintenance and workflow. With this additional functionality, special library and information professionals are freed-up to focus on providing high-quality access to information and research to their organizations. Among new featues of WebPublisherPRO version 12 is compatibilty with additional Microsoft opearing systems, including some 64-bit options.
DB/TextWorks v12 began shipping the week of July 6, 2009. WebPublisherPRO v12 was released the week of October 19, 2009. If you are a current maintenance customer you should have received an email for each license regarding your version 12 download.
DB/TextWorks v12 features include:
|Improvements to batch modify, validation lists, and import functionality
Save significant time when maintaining textbases, with the ability to:
- Batch modify multiple fields: Change more than one field at a time.
- Batch modify field-to-field: Copy or move the contents of one field to another.
- Update records to match validation list changes: When terms on a validation list can be changed or deleted, corresponding changes are made in affected textbase records.
- Import option to update multiple matching records.
|Enhanced search capabilities
Allows for more accurate information discovery, through:
- Thesaurus expansion when searching: Optional retrieval of preferred and related terms when searching fields connected to a thesaurus. (See "Query Screen Syntax (Summary)" help screen in DB/TextWorks.)
- Easier textbase recognition: Moving the cursor over a textbase on the file menu causes the full path of that textbase to appear in the status bar.
Improvements allow for more professional e-mails that can easily target larger groups, with:
- E-mail reports in HTML: Send Report as Mail now supports HTML format in the e-mail body.
- E-mail reports grouped by recipient: E-mail reports sent to recipients identified in textbase records can optionally have all messages to a given recipient grouped into one e-mail message.
Support for the newer versions of PDF formats from Adobe® Acrobat®.
WebPublisher PRO v12 features include:
For fields having an associated thesaurus, related or preferred terms can be added to the query. See the web-based help for the syntax to use.
|Stop words ignored in Alternate Search Syntax
WebPublisher PRO now ignores stop words when processing a query that uses Alternate Search Syntax ("Google-like" searching).
|Improved Support for Internet Explorer 7.0
Internal changes have been made to better support IE 7 and Cascading Style Sheets.
|Compatibility with additional Microsoft operating systems
The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows Server 2008 SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 SP1 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows XP Professional SP2
Feature List for all
Go to version 11 features
Go to version 13 features
Find out about automatic upgrades using InmagicADVANTAGE.
For more information, we invite you to contact us:
Crew-Noble Information Services
323 El Pintado Heights Drive
Danville, CA 94526-1412
Telephone: (925) 837-1399
Fax: (925) 820-9114
Home page | Inmagic
software | Crew-Noble services
Training Dates | What's new? | Contact us