Home What's New
Web Publishing Products
For IT Professionals
Web Database Hosting
Bar Code Services
Site Index Contact Us
(Released December 31, 2005)
Major TextWorks features include:
- Support for PDF files as a standard image type has been added;
this means you no longer have to launch the Adobe reader in
order to view or print a PDF.
- Support for GIF images has been added; this means GIF images
can now be viewed and manipulated just like any other image
format supported by TextWorks.
- Data entry for documents and images has been simplified as the
ability to browse and select a file name (similar to Windows
Explorer) has been added.
- Installation has been simplified by providing the ability to
run Setup Workstation using SMS.
- Batch Modify is now more powerful
- We’ve added support for special characters such as line
breaks and entry delimiter
- We’ve added the ability to add text to the beginning or
end of an entry
- We’ve made it easier for you to know where your data is by
showing the full path of the secondary textbase on the Edit
Textbase structure dialog box.
- We’ve given you more flexibility by providing an option to
save forms, etc. as Public by default.
- We’ve made it easier to manage user information by providing
a method other than modifying the registry keys to change the
User File Path.
- We’ve made it easier for you to identify which version of
the product you are running by displaying the version number
including Service Pack, as applicable, in the title bar.
WebPublisherPRO version 9 features include:
- Browsing long validation lists is now much faster because
we’ve added support for paging the validation list (like we
offer when browsing the index during searching)
- Web data entry is now more robust as we’ve added the ability
to browse the link field (in a secondary textbase) while editing
- We added support for exploded sorts, so Web reports are now
- You have more control over the look-and-feel of your intranet
as we’ve added the ability for users to change the text on the
Browse Choices button
- We made our XML interface more robust by handling certain
characters unacceptable to XML.
- We’ve updated the Inmagic XML tutorial, providing developers
improved documentation for using this standards-based interface
- Web developers now have access to secondary fields in <KeyFields>
- We've added XML functions to support batch modification from
the Web, so that Web application developers can now accomplish
more functions from the Web
- We’ve made Index Browse more robust by preventing Index
Browser terms from wrapping and causing controls at the bottom
of the window to disappear.
- We’ve added the textbase name to the XML schema, making
Inmagic customers on maintenance will automatically receive
TextWorks version 9 and/or (if applicable) WebPublisher PRO
version 9 as
part of their annual maintenance contract and can take advantage of
the enhanced features and functionality without additional cost. If
you have not received this release, please send an email request to
with your serial number.
Remember, if you own both TextWorks and WebPublisher PRO,
you need to keep both products on the same version. These products
are designed to work together and therefore these products have
interdependencies. So please upgrade both TextWorks and WebPublisher
PRO to ensure they work correctly.
Some additional notes for Content Server customers:
- Content Server version numbering will be synchronized
with DB/Text version numbering with the version 9 release. So Content
Server maintenance customers on CS v1.3 will be upgraded to
- The Content Server version 9 release will occur in early
2006. Content Server version 9 will contain the above features
as well as a number of additional enhancements related
specifically to the Content Server environment and MS
If you have further questions regarding TextWorks and WebPublisher
PRO version 9 contact Crew-Noble.
Feature List for all
Go to version 8 features
Find out about automatic upgrades using InmagicADVANTAGE.
For more information, we invite you to contact us:
Crew-Noble Information Services
323 El Pintado Heights Drive
Danville, CA 94526-1412
Telephone: (925) 837-1399
Fax: (925) 820-9114
Home page | Inmagic
software | Crew-Noble services
Training Dates | What's new? | Contact us